We will start with an invigorating walk in the fresh sea air along the Sunset trail, which will take us down a sandy beach and through a peaceful seaside forest.
After that, we'll move on to the only place in Europe where centuries-old lamprey fishing traditions are still alive today. Lamprey fishing takes place from August to February, and it is a unique fishing technique that can only be found in Salacgrīva. There, we'll see a functioning lamprey weir and taste freshly caught lampreys grilled over hot coals.
Finally, there's no better way to end a tour than with a wine tasting. On our cocluding visit to a home winery, we'll taste homemade wines made from blueberries, gooseberries, oak leaves, birch juice and more.
Price: 42 EUR / person*
Included in the price:
- Comfortable bus ride to and from all the activities
- Visit to a seaside nature trail
- Visit to a lamprey weir and grilled lamprey tasting
- Insight into the history of fishing villages in Latvia
- Visit to a home winery and wine tasting
- Light snacks
Duration: 8 hours
Hop on the bus and come experience Latvia with us!